Dare to Lead for Faith Leaders
What you will learn
Have you tried leading from the extremes – hiding your true thoughts and emotions in order to keep the peace, then over-reacting to relatively small issues or problems at other points? We probably all have. Frequently, the problem is a disconnect in our values.
When we’re separated from our values – even unconsciously – we become separate from ourselves. It takes courage to live and lead authentically.
That kind of integration takes courage. It isn’t built overnight, but it can start now by taking part in one of our upcoming Dare to Lead trainings. This popular program, open to faith leaders of all kinds, is back this year with enrollment options in the spring and fall to best fit your schedule.
Upon completing the training, you will be Dare to Lead Trained, allowing you with to bring Brené Brown’s research to your faith community.
In Dare to Lead for Faith Leaders, you'll experience hands-on training and practical wisdom that includes:
- The four sets of skills inherent to daring leadership
- Self-awareness and emotional literacy that impacts your thoughts and decisions
- Appropriate vulnerability and the myths that keep you from authenticity
- How your core values inform your professional life
- The skills that guide tough conversations – including giving and receiving feedback
- What role “meaning-making” plays in humans and the stories we tell ourselves
Living Courageously is Hard…
In fact, it can feel especially difficult when you’re leading in a community full of people with different wants, needs, and expectations. The easy thing – at least temporarily – can be to adjust who and how you are to meet those needs and expectations. It’s a habit that can be hard to break.
Authentic leadership requires something else altogether – namely, courage. Dare to Lead for Faith Leaders will help you gain much-needed clarity around your core values, appropriate vulnerability, and becoming trustworthy (especially in times of chaos or stress). Originally developed by Dr. Brené Brown, this course is evidence-based and includes theological reflection in each lesson.
Meet the Instructor
Hurry! Only 20 spots available per session.
Upcoming Course Dates:
FALL SESSION: Sept. 6, 13 ,20; October 5, 11, and 18 from 9:30-1:00 Central
- Open to any leader in a faith community
- Six live online sessions—not recorded
- Access to the Dare to Lead video library
- A safe place to learn and a community for support
- 20 Contact Hours