Segment One Basic Skills Coach Training
What you will learn
It might not have been included in your job description, and no one may think to acknowledge it during staff meetings, but when there’s a problem, you are probably who people – from your staff to the congregation – look to for the solution.
That’s not all bad. Most faith leaders have been trained to solve problems, so this work may come naturally. You can’t solve every problem, though. There will be times when you’ll need to empower the people around you to solve their own. Are you ready?
In Segment One Basic Skills Coach Training, you'll experience hands-on training and practical wisdom that includes:
- Skills and methods – like powerful questioning and affirming language – that empower and equip the people you’re coaching
- A framework for helping people clearly identify where they are, where God is calling them, and the steps they will need to take to get there
- Real-life coaching practice within your cohort
- Ways to develop a client base
- Credit towards your ICF credential upon successful completion
A Time to Coach…
“If it is to be, it’s up to me” is a phrase that takes some well-deserved heat, but how often do we live our lives – or do our jobs – as if it’s true? Maybe too often. The evidence, like always, isn’t in what we believe, but in what we do. Better still, it’s probably most evident in what we overdo.
Never learning to coach – to actually affirm and empower the people around you – is a recipe for burnout, frustration, and even bitterness. The Segment One Basic Skills Coach Training is a chance to prevent that. If you feel headed in that direction already, this is an opportunity to change direction.
Meet the Instructor
Upcoming Course Dates:
April 25 – June 20, 9-11 am Central
July 10-September 11 6:30-8:30 Central (skipping Labor Day, September 4)
October 10 – December 5, 9-11 am Central
- Nine online sessions live with an instructor
- Live meeting recordings to view again on-demand
- Course videos, study materials, and instruction
- A safe place to learn and a community for support
- 20 Contact Hours
Pay all upfront, or in four monthly installments. Select your payment plan on the next page.