Book Hub is a monthly conversation with your favorite authors on timely themes.
A Spiritual Spa: Cultivating hope in our bodies by connecting with the Divine
This Month's Book Hub
During Advent, everyday activities can be laden with extra pressure, grief, or the weight of tradition in our homes or in the church.
The December Book Hub is a chance to nurture hope and center your own spiritual well-being in the midst of all the extra expectations of this season. In this time of renewal, we will place our attention on the connection with our bodies, the natural world, and our spiritual ancestors. You are welcome here.
December 8, 2022
1:00 – 2:00 PM CST
What You'll Gain
- A peaceful space to cultivate hope in a stressful season
- Simple, accessible body and breath practices to implement into your days for increased grounding and calm
- Tools to inhabit your body and explore your body’s story with curiosity and compassion
- Awareness of nature’s healing influence and how you can invite it into life, regardless of location
- Some simple poems to turn to as reminders to pause and be mindful
- Ideas for how to engage with embodiment practices in your communities
It’s good to remember, as Alexus Rhone tells us, that the stories we tell will tell on us. As we shift into the Advent season, it’s easy to be pulled into stories we’d rather avoid. Stress, consumerism, loneliness, and feelings of disconnect can creep in before we know it.
This is a chance to slow down, expand your imagination for what’s possible, and connect to ourselves in ways that ground us. We hope you’ll join us.
Meet the authors
Have your book featured
Are you an author whose book could be of value to the Faith+Lead audience? We might be able to feature you during an upcoming Book Hub event!
Register for Book Hub
Get all the login details for our upcoming Book Hub, including access to our FREE group where you can see our past Book Hubs and interact with members and authors!