This breakthrough practice helps you deepen friendships with your neighbors by sharing a meal together.
This practice is for leaders and lay members who want to deepen meaningful connections in their neighborhood.
In a time in which neighborhood connections are weakening, this is an opportunity to strengthen local ties.
Outcomes of this practice include:
- Deepened friendships in the neighborhood.
- A stronger sense of community.
- The opportunity to hear and share spiritual stories.
- Identify someone in your neighborhood that you’d like to get to know better.
- Invite them over for dinner.
- During the meal, ask the person to share one significant story about their spiritual journey.
- Be willing to share a story of your own.
- What kinds of questions can you ask to elicit spiritual stories? Check out “How to Listen to Spiritual Stories from People Outside Your Congregation” for some great ideas.
- Download a PDF of this infographic that walks you through the entire practice.
Photo by Doyoun Seo on Unsplash