All your questions answered in this Q&A session about recruiting volunteers, why people don’t actually invite their friends to your church, and discerning what’s next when church attendance is declining.
Questions that listeners asked include:
- Q1: “Our congregation shrank in numbers the past three years. How do we balance reimagining our model when buildings and grounds maintenance uses a lot of time, energy and money? How do we shift the culture within the church? And what if laypeople often want clergy to be involved in everything?”
- Q2: “I’m having a really hard time finding volunteers to support the church’s existing ministries. Why is it so hard to recruit and retain volunteers?” *
- Q3: “Why won’t the members or congregants invite others to church?”
Tune in as we gain ideas to think differently about common challenges faith communities are facing, and practical advice on how to move forward. Stay tuned for more episodes unraveling the complexities of this cultural shift.
You’re in the right place if you’re a pastor, lay leader, or simply curious about how faith communities adapt in changing times. Let’s embark on this journey together!
- Sign up for Faith+Lead’s Advent 5-Day Challenge!
- Access the Expectation Analysis Tool
- Downloadable ebook “Pitfalls and Pivots for Church Leaders”
- Check out the episode blog post.