Each month, we create and curate resources that focus around a particular theme that can help us grow as leaders and disciples. Share these resources with a small group or ministry team, or use them in your personal devotions.
Faith & Doable Spiritual Practices
Spiritual practices resonate differently depending on our unique personalities and life experiences. Trying new practices, and unpacking what “spiritual practices” mean is core to faith formation. What makes a spiritual practice “do-able” or “accessible” in your context? Some might say:
- I can remember to do it
- It fits in my schedule/lifestyle
- It makes sense to me culturally
- I experience resonance or clarity through the practice
We even need different spiritual practices for different seasons of our lives. This month we will focus on finding spiritual practices that are “do-able” for us right now, wherever we are!
Suggestions for Use
To get the most out of these themes, consider:
- Invite members of your small group, staff, or board to read one of the articles and bring a key takeaway–and how it might apply in your context–to your next meeting or retreat.
- Try out one of the practices in person or via Zoom.
- Utilize the Book Hub videos (divided into short segments) for a workshop-style class related to the theme.
- Use these resources as part of your newsletter, sending out an article link with each week’s email blast, paired with a short reflection by a lay or ordained leader in your congregation.