Creating a Culture of Generosity
What you will learn
Do you ever find yourself talking about stewardship like it’s a game of Taboo? Whatever you do, don’t say the wrong word! Or maybe it’s felt like a tightrope walk. If you lean too hard into giving, your congregation might pull back. But if you back off, the money needed for ministry might not be there.
Too often, it’s a scarcity mentality that debilitates leaders and congregants alike. When that happens, operating out of fear, not abundance, can become the over-arching narrative.
Creating a culture of generosity requires a better story. We’ll teach you how to tell it.
In Creating a Culture of Generosity, you'll experience hands-on training and practical wisdom that includes:
- Why effective storytelling matters and where it can be used
- A theologically grounded understanding of stewardship
- Strategies for developing leadership that isn’t driven by scarcity
- A congregational vision for generosity
- Best practices, real-life examples, and samples you can use
This course will help you harness the skills of agile leadership and faithful stewardship – allowing you to be nimble enough to respond to a changing cultural landscape.
By the time you’ve completed this course, you’ll have the tools you need to think and talk about stewardship in new and powerful ways—along with a framework for creating a culture of generosity in your faith community.
Meet the Instructor
- Four 75-minute webcasts (five contact hours)
- On-demand replay of the entire course
- Experiments and assignments to try in context
- A safe space to connect, discuss, and share